What are VIPs?
VIPs are a highly effective thermal insulation solution — 7 times more effective than standard foam insulation.
VIPs effectively minimize heat transfer via conduction, convection, and radiation by wrapping a nanoscale material in an evacuated multilayer barrier film pouch.
What are VIPs used for?
- Vaccine cold chain
- Building insulation
- Temperature controlled logistics
- Electronics insulation
- Food preservation and transportation
- Home appliances
Why Summit® VIPs?
- Reduces Energy: Reduce energy consumption by up to 85% as compared with standard foam insulation.
- Saves Space: One inch of Summit VIP replaces seven inches of standard foam insulation.
- Reusable: Panels have an estimated useful lifetime of years to decades, depending on application.
- Reduces Greenhouse Gas Emissions: Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by up to 85% as compared with standard foam insulation.
- Recyclable: Panels are recyclable when using appropriate protocols.